Monday 2 April 2012

Wonderful feet


No one has ever done these things before. Convinced
I’m strong enough to climb a mountain one day, but the
Next I’m sprawled out on the floor too weak to move from
The body shaped groove on the laminate wood. I try and
Do everything I should and I somehow still fall short, just
As I thought there is clearly something amiss in this and
Although I can’t put my finger on what you’ve done to me,
I’m convinced the only remedy is to allow it to continue
And hopefully the outcome with be a blending of me and
You rather than the torture games we insist on pushing
Each other through. We allow each other to think things
Will be okay, we struggle through every day wondering who,
This time, will be the first to go away. Who will be the one
Who reaches down to give the rug a little tug from under-
Neath the feet of the girl we love, just to take pleasure
In watching her fall to the ground. It could be either of us.
Without sound I pursue the dream of crawling back to
You and ensuring my feelings are heard, and I’ll take the
Risk of being kicked to the curb because God, what
Wonderful feet to be kicked by.

No comments:

Post a Comment