Wednesday 4 April 2012

Allergic reaction


Nausea, vomiting, regular fatigue, doctors approach
Me with intrigue, unsure of what’s wrong. “Have you
Had these symptoms long? Have you recently been
Given a different prescription? It seems like you might
Need urgent medical attention.” I reach the height of
My symptoms, dizziness leads me to faint. “We need
To admit her, before it’s too late!” So taken into
The hospital, thrown in a bed with wires intermittently
Placed from heart up to head; they want to
Keep me in for observation, so they can act quick
In case of sudden deterioration. “You can’t think of
Anything new that might have this effect?” they ask
Me, expecting too much of a university-reject, I shrug
And deliriously ask for a hug whilst explaining that my
Heart has been straining. “I don’t know what you mean.”
Well Doc, I recently met the most amazing boy I’ve
Ever seen. It’s like he slipped into my life from Heaven,
Or the sky, and whenever we speak my mouth becomes
Dry, my lips are contained within a worrying white
Streak and I feel starved of air, and incredibly weak;
Just when I think I’m handling things well, I suddenly
Can’t breathe and my lips start to swell. Honestly, the
Affect doesn’t seem to be that much, deteriorated
Breathing and the odd facial flush, I doubt all this has
Anything to do with him. “My dear, I don’t know why
The other doctor kept you in. There is no mystery
Here at to what these are symptoms of: you’re not
Ill at all, you’re simply in love.”

No comments:

Post a Comment