Wednesday 11 April 2012

Oh Doc


Oh Doc, what am I today? Hard to say. The paranoia
Is getting a little better, so I won’t be needing that
Referral letter, although I appreciate the time you
Spent throwing it together. Now, you know I don’t
Like to self-diagnose, but I think this all might have
Something to do with the weather. I’ve been reading
About that, oh what’s it called, it was a story about a
Young woman who, when confronted with grey skies
And rain, just constantly bawled! Seasonal something
Or other disorder. And while we’re discussing my
Problems, I’m starting to become a bit of a hoarder,
And I feel this sudden wave of anxiety wash all over
Me at the prospect of throwing things away. The
Depression? Oh that’s not too bad. I spend most of
These days anxious rather than sad, but I’m sure
That I’m heading for some kind of low spell, but
For the time being I’m doing quite well. Mother
Seems to think that I’m more psychotic than ever,
So I tried to explain to the impact of the weather
That I’m sure you agree upon, if you wouldn’t mind,
When you have a second, could you confirm that
For my mum? So now we’ve gone through my few
New afflictions, can we get onto the matter of my
Next prescription?

No comments:

Post a Comment