Tuesday 8 January 2013

she


I take quite a delight in writing poems about the anonymous ‘she’
While people read on, wondering who this ‘she’ could be. Allow me
To pause from a moment and reflect, so that I may project an accurate
Image of the beauty that inspires me. She, is the air to my fire; she
Surrounds me and inevitably my flames flutter higher and yes, that is
A metaphor for passion. She, is my bump in the night; she both
Stimulates and excites and I wonder, what will happen next? She, is
My favourite chocolate after a particularly bad period pain; I will
Devour her, again and again. She, is the reason behind the words;
The ones on this page and the ones that still haven’t been heard.
She, needs no name, she is merely the she that I write of, right now,
And will undoubtedly write of again.

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful!! I am glad I found this blog. You're very talented :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm so glad you enjoy my writing - it's a relief to know people out there are actually reading my poetry.

    ps - deepest apologies for late reply - not the best with this commenting malarky!

    ReplyDelete