Sunday 6 January 2013

A love poem from a basket to a hot air balloon


People told me that you were full of hot air,
That I shouldn’t let myself get carried away.
“He’ll lead you astray,” they said,
That you were bombastic with your arrogance
And big head. While they told me you didn’t
Know where you were going in life, I became
More attracted to the idea of being your wife
Because, I don’t mind being bound to a free
Spirit. You were the most colourful character
I’d ever met, and I instantly knew I’d never
Forget you. So I tied myself to you. I’ve been
Relying on you ever since and, although our
Journeys sometimes make me wince,  I know,
That you will always carry me wherever you
Go. Just like you know that after so many
Years spent bound together, we can weave
Our way through any storm or poor weather,
Because neither one of us works without the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment