Wednesday 20 February 2013

words that are spoken


I think you underestimate the power of written and spoken word,
That, once ejaculated into the air, can never be unheard.
You think you can unsay them, you think I can unhear,
But I'm afraid it's a little too late, the damage is done, my dear.
That's the problem when you get angry, and you start to criticise,
All the off-hand criticisms that you make have a way of crawling inside.

I think you underestimate the power of the words you write,
That have etched themselves into my eyes so I see them all day, all night.
I think you underestimate the power of the words you make me hear,
That have seeped in through my eardrums and imprinted on my hemisphere.
That's the problem when you get angry, and tell me what I've done wrong,
Because sometimes I can take your criticisms, but sometimes, I'm not that strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment