Friday 1 February 2013

i'll be


When you fall asleep, I’ll be your pillow; I’ll cradle your head
In bed and provide the perfect base for the dreams I want
You to have every night. When you’re lost, wandering
Through the dark, I’ll be your light; I’ll make sure you never
Lose your way again. When you’re troubled, and you need
Someone to shout at, I’ll be a friend, because after all, that’s
What all good lovers are. When you’re lonely and it feels like
I’m not there, I’ll text, and remind you I’m still loving you
From afar. When it rains, I’ll reach out and be your umbrella;
And I’ll be your SPF 15, for the less rainy weather. And when
The good dreams pass, replaced by something bad that will
Wake you in the middle of the night, I’ll be there to hold
You and remind you that everything will be alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment