Saturday 12 May 2012

Eco-friendly liar


Oxymoron: an expression with contradictory words. A bit like you,
When the actions you act out, contradict the words you say and the
Words I’ve heard. “No, of course you haven’t done anything darling”
You say, as you turn your phone off and walk away, prepared to
Ignore my texts for the rest of the day. Admittedly, I’m possibly
Paranoid and maybe I haven’t done anything wrong. But someone
Quite obviously has. “I’m just busy” on a Saturday afternoon when
You have nothing to do but go into town to buy a new pair of jeans.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I can see what a time-consuming
Activity that’s going to be. Maybe you’re just taking things out on
Me. Definitely wouldn’t be the first time. “The problem isn’t yours,
It’s mine” which works until I’ve had my fill of being pushed a way
For something I haven’t done, or so you say. You’ve found the time
To read the message but not reply, which you explain with another
Believable lie as you tell me you loved me and that you’ve missed
Me all day. I’ll believe it. On account of being an idiot who finds
Comfort in the words you say, that I’ve already heard, and that I’ll
Hear again another day. You’re quite eco-friendly when it comes to
Literacy. You always recycle the lies you tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment